For a printable PDF document click HERE
1. All sanctioned 8U tournaments will be classified as “OPEN”.
2. All 8U teams are classified as ”OPEN”.
3. 10” RIF Softball
4. These are the official rules for CCASA sanctioned tournament. These rules cannot be modified
Exception: Tournament Directors can remove the bunting rule at their discretion.
Time Limit: No new inning after 1 hour 15 minutes or 6 full innings.
Format: Pool Play to single elimination, Double Elimination or Round Robin.
Game Break: Each team must receive at least a 30 minute break between games.
1. Bases: 60 Feet.
2. No more than 5 runs per inning per team. No Open innings.
3. Runners may steal one base per pitch. No Stealing Home.
4. No base stealing when coach is pitching.
a. On a throw to first base the following occurs. On any thrown ball to first base, the batter/
runner may not advance past first base. All other runners may only advance two bases from the
base that they were at from the time of the pitch with the liability of being put out if the ball stays
in live ball territory.
b. On a throw to any other base or position. If on a throw to any other base and the ball is not
caught, all runners and batter/runner may advance two bases from the base they were at from
time of the pitch with liability of being put out.
c. The umpire will only award a base to the runners if the ball has been thrown out of play.
No bases will be awarded on errant throws when the ball stays in play.
d. Runner and batter/runner may be put out if they advance beyond the two bases allowed. If
the batter/runner attempt to go beyond the two bases, at the end of the play the umpire will
return all runners to the base they are entitled to if they have not been put out.
1. 10 players may be allowed on defense in the field at any one time, four of which are outfielders.
Outfielders must position themselves at least 10 feet behind the baseline.
2. No Infield Fly Rule.
Batting: 1. Everyone bats and free defensive substitutions.
2. No dropped 3rd strike.
3. Bunting is allowed. Exception: No bunting off coach/pitch.
1. Pitching distance: Player and Coach 30 feet.
2. Players will pitch to opposing team.
3. A maximum of 2 (two) player/pitcher walks will be allowed per half inning. No walks will be
allowed with bases loaded. Batter runner may not advance to 2nd base when walked.
a. After 2 allowed player/pitcher walks have been exhausted, a coach/pitcher will enter the
circle when 4 balls have been called by the umpire.
b. The coach/pitcher will resume the player/pitcher strike count and will throw no more
than two (2) pitches and ALL coach/pitches are considered strikes.
c. If the pitch is not put into play by the last pitch, the batter is out. Exception: If the last
pitch is a foul ball, pitching continues until the ball is hit and put in play or the batter is called out.
d. Batter will NOT be awarded a base on a Hit by Pitch from the Coach/Pitcher.
4. If a batted ball hits the Coach/Pitcher the ball is dead and the batter is out. At no time shall the
Coach/Pitcher obstruct play.
5. Player/Pitcher must have one foot in the circle at the time of Coach/Pitcher is pitching.
6. Coach/Pitcher must stay in the circle during play and MAY NOT provide Coaching assistance.